As Big Data Engineer for IT, you will be the responsible for expanding and optimizing our big data architecture. This includes development, construction, maintenance and testing of our databases and processing systems.
Main Accountabilities and tasks:
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, and implement solutions to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for Adecco.
- Assemble large, complex, datasets that meet functional/not functional business requirements
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their infrastructure needs
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, SQL as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Extensive knowledge in different programming or scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R and Hadoop based technologies such as MapReduce, Hive Mongo DB or Cassandra.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets (with Hadoop and Hive using Java or Python)
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred